Terms and Conditions.
1. The Metropolis Mall & UCLan Cyprus Scholarships 2024 Scheme is co-organised by and between The Metropolis Mall and the University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus (UCLan Cyprus), and starts on the 19th of November 2023 and stops on the 7th of January 2024.
2. The Scheme’s reward consists of 24 scholarships per annum, applicable on the tuition fees for university studies, at any undergraduate and postgraduate programme of study of the University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus, starting studies this January 2024 or September 2024. These Scholarships are offered as follows and similarly, for the Spring intake in January and the Fall intake in September:
a) Five (5) 30% scholarships
b) Three (3) 40% scholarships
c) Two (2) 50% scholarships, &
d) Two (2) 100% full scholarships, one for undergraduate student and one for postgraduate student, with special criteria (see term 9).
3. The Scholarships percentages are applicable on the original tuition fees as these are described in UCLan Cyprus’ website. For Undergraduate programmes, the original tuition fees are €9,950 per year and for Postgraduate programmes, the original tuition fees are €10,500. For example, a 50% scholarship on an undergraduate programme means that the tuition fees will decrease to €4,975 per year.
4. The Scholarships are now applicable only for new applicants that are interested to start this January 2024 intake, or September 2024 intake, and cannot be used or transferred to any future intakes.
5. The Scholarships are applicable to any undergraduate or postgraduate programme of study offered by UCLan Cyprus, on full time basis. For undergraduate programmes, the Scholarships are applicable every year of study as long as the student achieves a minimum average grade of 70% and does not fail any module.
6. The below individuals will not be eligible to participate to this scheme:
a. Members of staff of Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus, their spouses, and any 1st degree family relatives.
b. Current students of UCLan Cyprus.
7. Eligibility for candidacy for one of these scholarships, requires the following:
a. Be a Cypriot resident and eligible for studies at a university level.
b. Complete successfully, and within the period 19/11/2023 – 07/01/2024, an application form through the Metropolis Mall portal: https://metropolismall.com.cy/uclan/ for one of the programmes of study of UCLan Cyprus, for full time studies, for this January 2024 or September 2024 start.
c. Provide (upload) together with the application, the following documents:
1. a copy of your National ID/Passport,
Approved and Published: 17 November 2023
2. a copy of your High School Leaving Certificate if you are applying for undergraduate studies, or a copy of your Bachelor’s degree if you are applying for postgraduate studies,
3. a copy of your recent English Language certificate, if available.
In case you cannot upload the documents in the portal, you can send them to: email@example.com
8. All the participants who will meet the above conditions, and complete the above steps applicable to them, are considered eligible candidates. Their successfully submitted application will be reviewed by a special committee, the Metropolis Mall – UCLan Cyprus Scholarships Committee.
9. The Metropolis Mall – UCLan Cyprus Scholarships Committee consists of members from the academic & professional staff of UCLan Cyprus and representatives of The Metropolis Mall. After the end of the Competition, the Committee will review all eligible candidates’ applications and documents, they will shortlist the candidates that meet at least the minimum entry requirements of the programme of study of their choice as per UCLan Cyprus’ entry requirements and, based on higher academic achievements of the eligible shortlisted candidates, the Committee will decide the winners of the Scholarships.
The two (2) Full 100% Scholarships, per intake, have special criteria and conditions:
a. For the Undergraduate Full Scholarship, the candidate’s high school leaving certificate average grade should not be less than 18/20, or 90%, and hold a valid English Language certificate with grade equivalent to 5.5 IELTS and above,
b. For the postgraduate Full Scholarship, the candidates should hold a First (1st) Class Honours Bachelor’s degree (overall grade 70% and above), and a valid English Language certificate with grade equivalent to 6.5 IELTS and above.
10. Every participant is eligible for only one (1) scholarship.
11. The Scholarship is not applicable for part time studies, it cannot be exchanged in cash, it cannot be combined with other possible bursaries the student might be eligible for, and it cannot be transferred to another individual.
12. The winners will be invited to an Award Ceremony that will be held at Metropolis Mall, and both Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus will announce the names of the winners on the 15th of January 2024, through their social media platforms as well as other means, accompanied with photographs and videos. By participating to this scholarships scheme, the winners give the right to Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus to publish their names and take their video/photograph for the announcement of the results of the scholarships scheme only.
13. Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus hold no liability for any applications that will not be submitted correctly, for any reason whatsoever.
Approved and Published: 17 November 2023
14. Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus have the right to verify the validity of the participants and applicants and to exclude any of them who will interfere in the process as described in these Terms and Conditions, or if their application is not according to these Terms and Conditions of the Scheme.
15. Metropolis Mall’s liability is limited to the services offered to any prospective applicant through the Metropolis Mall portal: Landing – Metropolis Mall, under its control, and is not extended to any random events or acts of God that might affect the submission or participation. Similarly, UCLan Cyprus’ liability is limited to the services offered via its programmes of study and is not extended to any other aspects due to random events that will affect the applicability of the reward or due to acts of God.
16. For the implementation of this Scholarships Scheme, the personal data that will be collected through the application form through the portal are limited to the needs of the Scholarships Scheme and the requirements of the Metropolis Mall – UCLan Cyprus Scholarships Committee to support their decisions. All the personal data gathered for the purpose of the Scholarships Scheme, will be filed confidentially and securely and they will be processed by the Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus, only for the purpose of the Scholarships Scheme. Once these personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose of the scholarships awards, they will be deleted from Metropolis Mall & UCLan Cyprus’ files/servers, accordingly. For more information on the Personal Data Protection policy of UCLan Cyprus click here: https://www.uclancyprus.ac.cy/data-protection-policy/ and for Metropolis Mall click here https://metropolismall.com.cy/privacy-policy/
17. Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus hold the right to request additional information from a winner, for the reward, always related to the Scholarships Scheme.
18. It is noted that any applicant can exercise their personal data rights in regards to the processing of their personal data by contacting the Data Protection Office of Metropolis Mall at firstname.lastname@example.org and of UCLan Cyprus at DPO@uclancyprus.ac.cy
19. Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus have the right to recall the Scholarships Scheme or to amend these Terms and Conditions (including the period of the Scholarships Scheme), and any such recall decision or amendments will be announced on the website of both Metropolis Mall and UCLan Cyprus, and it will be effective on the date indicated in the announcement.
20. The participation to this Scholarships Scheme implies full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
21. These Terms and Conditions are construed under the Law of the Republic of Cyprus.
22. For clarifications or more information you can contact:
Metropolis Mall at Tel: +35724257610 or Email: email@example.com
UCLan Cyprus at Tel.: +35724694000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com